Hey everyone. I'm new here and I am beyond impressed with what you all have made so far. I found this site while looking for a way to make my win 7 pc have an animated wallpaper, like my android tablet does.
Anyway, I fell in love with Electric Sheep as soon s I saw it and thought "This is perfect. Now, how to transform this into a wallpaper?" After a bit of research (I googled it), I think I have a way anyone with a windows PC can set it up pretty easily.
I apologize if this has been posted before. I looked around the forum and the FAQ wiki and I couldn't find any.
Plan A : Transform Electric Sheep into an animated Wallpaper
1. Make sure that es.scr is in c:/windows/System32/
2. Open a command prompt (type cmd in the start menu)
3. Type "es.scr /p65552" (obviously without the quotation marks) and press enter.
4. Enjoy your new animated wallpaper.
Plan B : Set Plan A without command prompt
1. Make sure that es.scr is set up in c:/windows/System32/
2. Open Notepad
2. Type "es.scr /p65552" (obviously without the quotation marks)
4. Choose File>Save As. Change "Save as type" from "Text Document (.txt)" to "All files". Name it whatever you want, but add ".bat" at the end. Example: ESwallpaper.bat
5. Double-click on the new .bat file
6. Enjoy your new animated wallpaper.
Plan C : Set up Plan B to run all the time.
1. Follow plan B steps 1-4
5. Store the file any place you like. Right click on the file and create a shortcut.
6. Move the shortcut to; "C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" or open the start menu, click on Programs, then right-click on Startup and choose "Open"
7. Enjoy your animated wallpaper every time you sign in.